From the theme of cybersecurity, the concept of Intrinsic Security arises, which focuses mainly on the protection of devices, applications and data. This type of security is based on a strategy combined with threat detection intelligence that, taking advantage of any application’s infrastructure and control points, cancels the reactive stance and adopts a more consistent position. In this way, the detection of risks, their reaction and the form of prevention, will allow to reach correct and assertive information in real time. This type of security is integrated, unified and contextual.
Hackers have, over time, perfected their techniques. In addition, the pandemic has increased the number of virtual attacks, and a good security barrier against threats and breaches of network protection is crucial. The adoption, by the entities, of clouds, digital platforms and other data archiving tools, increased the attackers’ ease of attack. However, according to experts, the solution involves building more security, whose ultimate goal of just one defense agent, will circulate throughout the company, that is, security should be more focused on applications than on the threat itself.
This type of security is considered fundamental for an organization’s business to be successful, leveraging its infrastructure, as well as control points in new ways, in real time, so that the security of any app, cloud or device pass from reactive, to act as a position of strength. Thus, internal efforts are reused in new ways, so that, by joining teams, the way to identify the risk, its detection, prevention and response is faster.
Intrinsic Security has numerous advantages such as:
- Maximization of infrastructure control;
- Collaboration more effectively;
- Increased agility when reacting to new threats and vulnerabilities;
- Greater knowledge of planned behaviors and actions;
- Greater prevention;
- Faster to react to new threats;
- Union of teams and tools in order to increase efficiency.
In Intrinsic Security, control points go through networks, workloads, endpoints, identities and clouds.
How can intrinsic security reduce risks in an entity? Through three attributes:
- Fewer products, agents and complexity translates into reduced possibilities, vulnerabilities and configuration errors.
- The unification of tools, teams in security, IT and operations improves holistic visibility to identify threats.
- By taking advantage of the infrastructure for control points and context in real time, it is easier for organizations to detain and react to threats.
This solution is different in protecting a company, serving as a strategy to take advantage of its infrastructure and its control points, in real time, between applications, clouds or devices, thus allowing the adoption of a more consistent posture and more reactive security.
ActiveSys keeps you informed.