But what is the Firewall? It is a system that helps protect the computer, which monitors incoming and outgoing network traffic and decides to allow or block access according to a set of established security rules. In other words, it serves to isolate a device and protect it from any type of unauthorized access, initiated for example by hackers or from digitally propagated viruses.
A firewall can be hardware, software or both, installed on devices, to prevent any type of unauthorized access to a private network, as well as personal and browsing data.
The operation of this system is only justified if it is connected to the internet, which can happen through any type of network. Thus, it works through a “code wall”, which basically inspects each side of that wall: the computer or other device and the Internet side, making reports of possible threats detected. The “code” allows you to examine the data issued from both sides, so that there is no security breach, allowing you to determine whether the content is harmful or not.
Known as one of the first types of firewall, it works as an intermediary between external networks and computers, thus avoiding direct contact between both. In general, it examines and evaluates external data to determine their security.
Unified Threat Management
- Know which resources are most at risk with full context recognition;
- Respond quickly to attacks with intelligent security automation;
- Detect evasive and suspicious activities;
- Significantly reduce the time between detection and cleaning with retrospective security that continuously monitors suspicious activities and behavior even after the initial inspection;
- Facilitate administration and reduce complexity with unified policies that offer protection throughout the attack cycle.
If you don´t have a firewall in your company, ActiveSys is ideal to help you install it.