Starting the year off on the right foot means entering 2023 knowing the major trends that will mark the year.
Thus, aware of the continuous contribution of keeping the public informed, and as has been done in recent years (2021, 2022), we demonstrate in this article what the main trends are and what you can expect in the year 2023, at the technological level.
In general, expect more cyber attacks on a global scale and government regulation, are some of the prominent lines for 2023.
According to Gartner, “Every investment will have to be balanced by its impact on the environment, with future generations in mind.”
Optimization, scalability, and pioneering, allied to sustainability, are the three pillars that the American consulting firm considers essential for the technologies implemented by companies to have in 2023.
- Sustainability – CEOs are increasingly making sustainability a priority, second only to earnings and revenue, so that they can claim to have met the social responsibility goals they set themselves. This requires not only technology frameworks that increase the energy and material efficiency of IT services, but also the implementation of solutions to help customers achieve their own sustainability goals.
- Digital Immune System (DIS)– 76% of the teams that are responsible for digital products are now also in charge of revenue generation. Administrators explore new approaches in order to achieve greater commercial gain, as well as mitigate risk and increase customer satisfaction. The digital immune system offers this model, which combines knowledge of incident resolutions, software engineering within IT operations, and others that enable increased resilience and stability of systems.
- Applied Observability– Visible data reflects all digitized assets, such as logs, APIs, downloads, transfers, etc. Applied observability feeds these assets, according to an orchestrated approach, which enables accelerated decision making.
- Trust, Risk and Security Management for AI– We have mentioned several times that many companies are not properly prepared in terms of cybersecurity. It is noteworthy, on the other hand, that those that are empowered, have achieved better results in their AI projects.
- Industry Platforms at the Scale of Clouds– Combination of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS, which provide specific packages to support business use cases. In this context, companies can leverage the capabilities of Clouds to compose unique and differentiating digital enterprise initiatives.
- Platform Engineering– The main goal of this trend is to optimize the developer experience and accelerate the delivery of customer value by product teams.
- The Value of Wireless– By 2025, 60% of enterprises will use five or more wireless technologies simultaneously, a trend increasingly pronounced for its many benefits.
- Superapps– A superapplication combines features of an application, platform, and ecosystem into a single piece of software. It has its own set of features and also enables third parties to develop and publish their own mini-applications. By 2027, more than 50% of the world’s population will be daily users of these solutions.
- Artificial Intelligence– Referred to throughout these 3 years, adaptive AI systems aim to continually recycle models and adapt, quickly, to changes in real-world circumstances that were not initially foreseen or available. They also use real-time feedback to change dynamics and adjust goals.
- Metaverse– According to the consultancy, the metaverse is a collective, shared 3D space created by the convergence of a physical and digital reality, virtually enhanced. By 2027 Gartner believes that over 40% of large organizations, globally, will use a combination of Web3, augmented reality in the Cloud. However, this is an open door for cybercrime, as by using NFT, cryptocurrencies and digital wallets they are more exposed to cyber activity.
There are just some of the trends pointed out for this year. Discover the remaining technology trends for the year 2023 in the next part of this article.
With ActiveSys, you always follow the trends.
ActiveSys, we activate your business.