Today, security is one of the fundamental pillars of any company, as data breaches and cyber threats are a constant concern.
With the growing sophistication of cyber attacks, protecting privileged access is crucial. In this article, we’ll explore how companies can improve their security posture by using CyberArk’s PAM (Privileged Access Management) solutions.
What is a privileged account?
A privileged account is any type of account that has the ability to alter or impact the operational service of a business process, be it in IT, Finance, HR or any other area.
These accounts pose security risks if they are not properly protected, managed and monitored. The importance of having a security solution that is capable of controlling, monitoring and auditing all privileged access in a company’s day-to-day operations is therefore understandable.
Forrester Research, in a report on this subject, estimates that 80 percent of cyber attacks involve privileged credentials. It is also believed that there are around 3 privileged accounts per employee.
CyberArk, a pioneer in the field of PAM and a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for privileged access management since its inception, presents the solution that keeps your company and its most valuable assets safe.
In fact, CyberArk is highly regarded for its effective PAM solution, due to a combination of several key features and capabilities that make it a trusted solution.
We now share a few reasons why CyberArk is considered the best on the market in the area of PAM:
- Comprehensive solution: It offers a wide range of tools and services designed to protect, manage and monitor privileged accounts and credentials. This includes the discovery, management and monitoring of privileged accounts throughout an organization’s IT infrastructure.
- Security Expertise: CyberArk is a clear leader in PAM, with a strong focus on security, as they have an in-depth knowledge of the privileged access landscape and continually seek to improve their products to deal with ever-evolving dangers.It also protects passwords and security keys, ensuring that they are encrypted, stored securely and accessible only to authorized personnel.
- Threat Detection and Analysis: CyberArk incorporates machine learning and behavioral analysis to detect suspicious activity and anomalous behavior associated with privileged accounts.
- Integration Capabilities: It is highly flexible and can be integrated into various IT environments, including on-premises, cloud and hybrid infrastructures.
- Compliance Support: Helps organizations meet compliance requirements by providing a framework for managing and auditing privileged accounts. This is a fundamental requirement for adhering to regulations such as the GDPR.
CyberArk’s PAM solution stands out essentially for its comprehensive approach to privileged access security, which is extremely important in the world of cybersecurity and data protection for a number of reasons:
Protection of Sensitive Data
PAM helps protect an organization’s most critical and sensitive data by controlling access to it.
Mitigate Internal Threats
It helps prevent and monitor privileged users from abusing their access rights or inadvertently causing security incidents.
Compliance and Regulations
It assists in the process of complying with GDPR requirements, providing the necessary controls and auditing capabilities.
Zero Trust Security
The PAM is aligned with the Zero Trust security principles, which assume that no one should be trusted, even within an organization. Trust is therefore only given when necessary and under strict control.
Prevention of Lateral Movements
In the event of a security breach, PAM solutions can restrict an attacker’s ability to move laterally within a network using compromised credentials, limiting the data they can cause.
It helps organizations avoid service interruptions that can occur if a privileged user’s account is compromised. By implementing access controls and rotating passwords, the impact of a security incident can be minimized.
Although implementing PAM may inevitably have associated costs, the potential cost savings in avoiding data breaches, regulatory fines and reputational damage far outweigh the initial investment.
In short, Privileged Access Management is an important tool because it addresses one of the most significant vulnerabilities in cybersecurity: privileged accounts. By controlling and monitoring access to these accounts, organizations can significantly reduce their security risks, protect sensitive data and comply with regulatory requirements – key elements in today’s digital landscape.
This security solution, which prevents cyber attacks and privilege escalation, should be part of any organization’s security strategy.
Count on us to stay one step ahead of cyber attacks.